Reiki is a form of hands-on, natural healing that uses universal life force energy. The term comes from the Japanese words “rei,” which translates into universal, and “ki,” which means vital life force energy that flows through all living things. It is not tied to any specific religion or nationality.
Its popularity has spread all over the world, and it is now used in many medical facilities, such as hospitals and hospices. Reiki allows you to accomplish healing of yourself by helping you become energetically balanced physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
During a Reiki treatment, you remain fully clothed. I then gently place my hands on your body in specific energy locations during the treatment. The length of time that I leave my hands in each position is determined by the flow of energy through my hands to you at each location. There is no pressure, massage or manipulation.
Most clients feel very relaxed and peaceful, and many even fall asleep while receiving Reiki treatment.
A Reiki treatment may:
- bring a peaceful, deep relaxation
- dissolve energy blockages and tension
- detoxify the body
- support the well-being of the client who is receiving traditional medical treatments that are debilitating, such as chemotherapy and radiation, surgery, kidney transplants, etc.
- supply universal life-force energy to the body
- stimulate the body’s immune system
- help to relieve pain